Friday 12 February 2010

Double page spread first draft




For my double page spread, I used the Eyedropper tool to find the colour of my background. I decided to use the colour of my models bow tie as the background colour. I also used a gradient effect to make the model stand out against a white glow amongst the colour of the background. I want to use this in my final piece. I have used this picture of the model because it's a high angle and looks like the model is looking up to the camera. We are able to get a clear view of the model and he is dressed smart which fits in with the genre of the magazine. This is the picture I want to use in my final piece. In my drawn mock ups I planned to have the picture on the left hand side of the double page spread. But I have decided to place the picture in the middle of the double page spread so that all the text fits around the outside and because the picture grabs your attention straight away which is what I plan to do in my final piece. I used a magnetic lasso to cut around the model and used a rubber to get rid of any bits that I didn't manage with the magnetic lasso. I have used a pull quote which is black and is placed over the model. This makes it stand out. I want to use this pull quote in my final piece but I want to use different effects to make it stand out even more. I have used the same font throughout to keep consistency. The title is in white to stand out and the name of the artist is in a bigger font so that it stands out. I used the ruler tool to ensure that the text boxes were the same size. I have used black font on the left hand side and white on the right. I think this looks effective but I am going to play around with different coloured fonts for my final piece to see which looks more effective. I have used a facts box on the side of my double page spread to give us more information about the artist and his musical influences and also because it adds something different which therefore engages the reader. I definitely want to use a fact box in my final piece but I want to make the box around it stand out more and experiment with different fonts and colours. After reading back through my article I have noticed there are a few typing errors which will be corrected for my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment